Full course description
This 60-minute self-paced course includes five modules exploring the philosophy and practice of Housing First. The course will:
- Define what Housing First is and isn't;
- Share key elements of the approach;
- Describe how Housing First works at the Homeless System and Program levels;
- Explore the evidence that supports Housing First and its effectiveness; and
- Assist users in how to assess whether both their homeless system and programs have adopted a Housing First approach
- No prior knowledge of topic required to enroll in the program.
- Self-paced course can be completed in 60 minutes.
- Can access courses from smartphone, tablet, and desktop.
- Users can access course for 90 days after enrollment, after 90 days, users will only be able to access content they have previously completed.
- The course flows sequentially and users are required to take and successfully pass quizzes to advance to the next module. Users who successfully complete the course will receive a Microcredential as well as a Certificate. (CEU's are not provided).
Discounted Course/Refund Policies:
Refund Policy - for more information and/or to apply for a course refund please visit see our policy here.
Course Discount - The Alliance has limited funds available to offer free or reduced cost courses to people and organizations with limited financial flexibility. There is no guarantee a course will be free or reduced. Each request is evaluated individually and granted based on availability of resources. If you are currently experiencing homelessness or have experience homelessness within the last five years, your 501c3 organization's operating budget is less than $500K, or your 501c3 organization's operating budget is between $500K and $1M and would like to register five or more individuals, please see more information on how to apply for a discounted course(s) here.