Providing Trauma-Informed Care for People Experiencing Homelessness is a Course
Providing Trauma-Informed Care for People Experiencing Homelessness
Time limit: 180 days
Full course description
Trauma has lasting effects.
(Want to enroll a group easily? Look for the bulk enrollment icon above: )
Learn how to care for those who have experienced trauma. This course is intended for homeless service provider staff and volunteers, city/county disaster workers, and healthcare workers and those new to homeless services or working to coordinate with homeless services provider settings. The course is a product of a collaboration between the National Alliance to End Homelessness and the National Health Care for the Homeless Council.
The course provides an overview of:
- Common causes of trauma
- Effects of trauma
- The relationship between trauma and addiction
- Principles of trauma-informed care
- Methods of providing trauma-informed care
- No prior knowledge of topic required to enroll in the program.
- Self-paced; can be completed in 60 minutes.
- You can access the from a smartphone, tablet, or desktop.
- 180 days of access; after that you'll still be able to access any material you'd already completed.
- You'll receive a certificate of completion at the end.
Refunds and Discounts
Learn more here.