Full course description
Providing Trauma-Informed Care for People Experiencing Homelessness is designed to introduce the user to the principles of trauma-informed care. The course will review the causes and effects of trauma and introduce users to strategies for addressing its impacts through a whole-person, patient-centered approach. Users of the course will learn how to implement trauma-informed care into care practices and services for people experiencing homelessness. This course is intended for homeless service provider staff and volunteers, city/county disaster workers, and healthcare workers and those new to homeless services or working to coordinate with homeless services provider settings. The techniques and tools throughout the course are used with the adult learner in mind. At the conclusion of the course, users will:
- Learn common causes of trauma.
- Understand the effects of trauma.
- Discover the relationship between trauma and addiction.
- Learn to define trauma-informed care and list its principles.
- Gain strategies and methods of providing trauma-informed care.
- No prior knowledge of topic required to enroll in the program.
- Self-paced course can be completed in 60 minutes.
- Can access courses from smartphone, tablet, and desktop.
- Users can access course for 90 days after enrollment, after 90 days, users will only be able to access content they have previously completed.
- The course flows sequentially and users are required to take and successfully pass quizzes to advance to the next module. Users who successfully complete the course will receive a Microcredential as well as a Certificate. (CEU's are not provided).
Discounted Course/Refund Policies:
Refund Policy - for more information and/or to apply for a course refund please visit see our policy here.
Course Discount - The Alliance has limited funds available to offer free or reduced cost courses to people and organizations with limited financial flexibility. There is no guarantee a course will be free or reduced. Each request is evaluated individually and granted based on availability of resources. If you are currently experiencing homelessness or have experience homelessness within the last five years, your 501c3 organization's operating budget is less than $500K, or your 501c3 organization's operating budget is between $500K and $1M and would like to register five or more individuals, please see more information on how to apply for a discounted course(s) here.