Full course description
Effective Emergency Shelter: An Introduction
This short, self-paced introductory course provides an overview to the five key elements of effective emergency shelter:
- Housing first approach
- Safe and appropriate diversion
- Immediate and low-barrier access
- Housing-focused, rapid exit service
- Data to measure performance
Explore, expand, and test your knowledge, and hear from emergency shelter providers who have embraced this best practice model and its effectiveness in their communities.
The course flows sequentially and users are required to take and successfully pass quizzes to advance to the next module.
- No prior knowledge of topic required to enroll in the program.
- Self-paced course can be completed in 60 minutes.
- Can access courses from smartphone, tablet, and desktop.
- Users can access course for 90 days after enrollment, after 90 days, users will only be able to access content they have previously completed.
- Participants can receive a Certificate of Completion for completion if all requirements of the course are met. This course is approved by the National Association of Social Workers for one contact hour. A certificate will be provided to you upon completion of the course. This course also uses Microcredential badges as part of the learning experience.
Discounted Course/Refund Policies:
Refund Policy - for more information and/or to apply for a course refund please visit see our policy here.
Course Discount - The Alliance has limited funds available to offer free or reduced cost courses to people and organizations with limited financial flexibility. There is no guarantee a course will be free or reduced. Each request is evaluated individually and granted based on availability of resources. If you are currently experiencing homelessness or have experience homelessness within the last five years, your 501c3 organization's operating budget is less than $500K, or your 501c3 organization's operating budget is between $500K and $1M and would like to register five or more individuals, please see more information on how to apply for a discounted course(s) here.