Cultural Humility is a Course
Time limit: 180 days
Full course description
To help clients, we need to make them feel welcome and safe.
(Want to enroll a group easily? Look for the bulk enrollment icon above: )
And to do that, we need to use self-reflection, open-minded listening, and humility. That can be difficult unless we understand the ways race, culture and implicit bias affect everyone's work in subtle and complex ways. This course is intended for homeless service provider staff and volunteers, city/county disaster workers, and healthcare workers. We'll cover how to:
- Use a cultural humility approach to better help your clients
- Identify barriers to cultural humility
- Deploy strategies to adopt a cultural humility approach
This course was developed for the Alliance by Va Lecia Adams Kellum, Ph.D, President and CEO of St. Joseph Center, Venice, CA.
- No prior knowledge of topic required to enroll in the program.
- Self-paced; can be completed in 60 minutes.
- You can access the from a smartphone, tablet, or desktop.
- 180 days of access; after that you'll still be able to access any material you'd already completed.
- You'll receive a certificate of completion at the end.
Refunds and Discounts
Learn more here.