Full course description
An Introduction to Case Management in the COVID-19 Era Homeless Services Sector will provide users an understanding of how to best provide quality services to the most vulnerable among those experiencing homelessness. COVID-19 has presented a new set of challenges to moving people into housing. With several states committed to flattening the curve and bringing unsheltered individuals indoors, communities have a new set of opportunities. This course will help provide staff with the skills they need to be successful and to ensure the most vulnerable among us exit hotels and other noncongregate shelters into permanent housing. This course is intended for case managers, volunteers or others that are new to homeless case management services. The techniques and tools throughout the course are used with the adult learner in mind.
The course was developed by LA Family Housing for the Alliance and was authored by Kris Freed, Chief Programs Officer; Alynn Gausvik, Senior Director of Engagement; and Kimberly Roberts, Director of Housing Stability.
- This course was originally developed as part of a joint effort with betweeen the Alliance and the National Health Care for the Homeless Council to provide additional resources to communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is still relevant today.
- No prior knowledge of topic required to enroll in the course.
- Self-paced course can be completed in 90 minutes.
- Can access courses from smartphone, tablet, and desktop.
- Users can access course for 90 days after enrollment, after 90 days, users will only be able to access content they have previously completed.
- The course flows sequentially and users are required to take and successfully pass quizzes to advance to the next module. Users who successfully complete the course will receive a Microcredential as well as a Certificate. (CEU's are not provided).
Discounted Course/Refund Policies:
Refund Policy - for more information and/or to apply for a course refund please visit see our policy here.
Course Discount - The Alliance has limited funds available to offer free or reduced cost courses to people and organizations with limited financial flexibility. There is no guarantee a course will be free or reduced. Each request is evaluated individually and granted based on availability of resources. If you are currently experiencing homelessness or have experience homelessness within the last five years, your 501c3 organization's operating budget is less than $500K, or your 501c3 organization's operating budget is between $500K and $1M and would like to register five or more individuals, please see more information on how to apply for a discounted course(s) here.