Full course description
COURSE BEGINS: June 28, 2021 A six-part, three week series on advancing the role of emergency shelter in ending homelessness is designed for Emergency Shelter Providers and Continuum of Care stakeholders. Over the course of three weeks, the series will include live webcasts every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:00-3:00PM Eastern Daylight Time by Alliance staff and emergency shelter providers who have seen success after adopting a low-barrier, housing focused model. It will also include discussion posts and self-work in between the live webcasts. The six webcasts will provide an in-depth review of the five-key element of effective shelter, and how to begin implementing change.
At the end of the successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand the role of shelter in a crisis response system and how shelter can positively impact overall system performance outcomes.
- Be able to assess how your shelter currently aligns with the key elements to effective shelter.
- Be able to implement the key elements by developing goals, action plans, and a timeline to shift to a low or lower-barrier, housing-focused, shelter model.
- Be able to identify and begin tracking critical metrics for change
- Be able to establish benchmarks to improve the critical performance outcomes.
Along with weekly live webcasts, this course includes office hours with intructors, assignments, quizzes, discussion, optional reading, and supplemental resources. Live webcasts will be recorded and made available for later viewing.
- No prior knowledge of topic required to enroll in the program.
- Can access courses from smartphone, tablet, and desktop.
- Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion for the course.
- This course also uses Microcredential badges as part of the learning experience.
- This course is pending approval from the National Association of Social Workers. CEU's will be provided upon completion of the course.
This course is capped at the first 50 enrollments.
Discounted Course/Refund Policies:
Refund Policy - for more information and/or to apply for a course refund please visit see our policy here.
Course Discount - The Alliance has limited funds available to offer free or reduced cost courses to people and organizations with limited financial flexibility. There is no guarantee a course will be free or reduced. Each request is evaluated individually and granted based on availability of resources. If you are currently experiencing homelessness or have experience homelessness within the last five years, your 501c3 organization's operating budget is less than $500K, or your 501c3 organization's operating budget is between $500K and $1M and would like to register five or more individuals, please see more information on how to apply for a discounted course(s) here.